Youth voice, youth development, and youth involvement need power, purpose, and possibilities to be effective. Youth Infusion is the next frontier of intergenerational interdependence. Our website introduces this new level of authentic youth-adult partnership.
Facing Any Of These Problems?
- UNDER-REPRESENTATION: Teens and young adults represent 25% of the population. Does your organization fail to include them in your diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts?
- TOKENISM: Does your organization interact with young people but only once in a blue moon?
- WHITEWASHING: Do staff seek feedback only from traditional leaders and not people of color?
- SILENCING: Do your grant proposals fail to reflect input by youth most impacted?
- PUPPETRY: Does your annual report feature only stock photos of young people?
- EXCLUSION: Are diverse youth excluded from developing your organization’s monitoring and evaluation?
We’ve Got Strategies.
Youth Infusion begins with a simple, cutting-edge concept. Instead of working “for” young people, community-based coalitions, advocacy groups, nonprofits, K-12 schools, and government agencies shift to working “with” young people.
This intentional intergenerational approach provides opportunities in the real world where young people share power with adults by contributing their insights and ideas from co-creation to advocacy and evaluation of programs and policies. The result: they prove their strength to themselves and the larger community. In return, dedicated professionals derive energy as young collaborators fuel new thinking and remedies that may have become stale to the adult world.
Our workshops and consulting include the following strategies:
- Understanding Systems Change
- Evaluating Organizational Readiness
- Designing with Staff Procedures, Policies & Priorities
- Providing Professional Development
Take Action With Us!
1. To explore our coaching and consulting, evaluation and assessments, and training and professional development opportunities, contact us.
2. Read our posts about pioneering organizations that recognize what a difference it makes to co-pilot with young people!
3. Check out our workshop series that include:
- Expanding DEI to Include Youth
- The ROI of Real Youth Involvement
- Rx for Multi-Racial Intergenerational Collaboration
With more than 50 years of combined experience as practitioners and advocates for Youth Infusion, Wendy Lesko and Adam F.C. Fletcher along with our Gen Z Speaker’s Bureau are ideal resources for you, your organization, and your community as you move forward. See what else we do here »
Nonprofit directors, youth workers, government staff, elected officials, education leaders, classroom teachers and counselors, foundation program officers, and others can find encouragement, empowerment, and enlightenment when they work with us!
We are most committed to transforming the roles of young people as strategic thinkers, problem-solvers and advocates, especially in education, environment, public health, juvenile justice and law enforcement. All of our offerings are offered online.